Esper 2 Bug Reports

Coatsink Home Forums Esper 2 Esper 2 Bug Reports

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nick Nick 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Daley Johnson
    Daley Johnson
    Participant

Please report any bugs you find here, if any!

Profile photo of Brennan
    Brennan
    Participant

I am having an issue where the game launches on my laptop monitor, but in the headset, it just tells me “sorry, Esper 2 is taking a while to load. If this issue persists,please take off your headset and check the app on your computer.” I would like some help with this problem please!

Daley Johnson
    Participant

Hi there Brennan!

Are you able to play other games with your Rift/laptop without issue?

Thanks,

Daley

Profile photo of Brennan
    Brennan
    Participant

Most games work fine. This issue has happened with both Esper 2 and The Climb. I am unsure of why it might be doing this, but any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Daley Johnson
    Participant

Oculus don’t officially support laptop hardware so it’s a little tough. Three fixes that people claim to have worked are:

1) Setting the Rift as the main display in Nvidia’s driver software

2) Plugging in the Rift’s HDMI after starting up Oculus Home

3) Using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter for the Rift input if the laptop supports it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NH13K8S/

Please let me know if this resolves the issues you are having, thanks!

Daley

Profile photo of Matthew
    Matthew
    Participant

I just purchased Esper 2 a few weeks ago on the Oculus and have been enjoying it. However, after a recent update to the game, (I believe the update turned my purchase into the Esper Collection, instead of just Esper 2) every time I have tried to resume my game, the camera is not positioned correctly. What I mean is that it is always too high. From the moment the Esper 2 main menu comes up (where you are behind your desk, looking at a computer), the camera (my perspective) is floating a few feet above the chair. I have tried resetting the camera in game, and from the Oculus pause menu, but nothing works. Restarting my computer doesn’t work either. This is strange since it had been working perfectly fine until now. Any advice on how to get the camera back down where it belongs? Thanks

Daley Johnson
    Participant

I just purchased Esper 2 a few weeks ago on the Oculus and have been enjoying it. However, after a recent update to the game, (I believe the update turned my purchase into the Esper Collection, instead of just Esper 2) every time I have tried to resume my game, the camera is not positioned correctly. What I mean is that it is always too high. From the moment the Esper 2 main menu comes up (where you are behind your desk, looking at a computer), the camera (my perspective) is floating a few feet above the chair. I have tried resetting the camera in game, and from the Oculus pause menu, but nothing works. Restarting my computer doesn’t work either. This is strange since it had been working perfectly fine until now. Any advice on how to get the camera back down where it belongs? Thanks

Hi Matthew!

Thank you for the report. I have relayed this information to the developers and will get back to you ASAP.

Cheers,

Daley, Community Manager

Daley Johnson
    Participant

Hi again Matthew!

Can you please reconfigure your Rift, making sure to follow the prompts on screen and stand when it tells you too. Hopefully this will resolve the issue, please do let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Daley, CM

Profile photo of Matthew
    Matthew
    Participant

That worked. Thank you for your help!

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

I bought Esper 2 a while ago and I have not been able to install it successfully. I am using a Galaxy S6 and a Gear VR. I have plenty of disk space and I have installed plenty of other Gear VR apps successfully. Esper 2 will download successfully, it gets to 100%, and then says it is installing, but then it fails every time. What can I do to fix this?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.