We’re looking for an
We are looking for a 1st Line IT Support Technician to join our expanding team for Thunderful Games Organization, you will be part of a small and close-knit team of IT professionals working together with the goal of supporting our business with anything related to IT. As the first point of contact for all IT support queries you will be working with our developers to resolve their technical issues in a prompt, friendly and professional manner. you will be working be responsible for the setup, maintenance of our IT infrastructure.
The position is based in our office in Gateshead but supports our employees all over the country and across Europe as well. While rare, the occasional business trip to those offices might occasionally happen to assist with things that can’t be handled remotely. Travel around the north east is required to support local users so a driving license and a car is mandatory.
Since we have a multicultural group of employees and you will be cooperating with other IT specialists in other European countries. A curious mindset and desire to learn and develop over time to handle an ever-evolving technological landscape together with good communication skills and service-mindedness are things we value higher than numbers of years working with tech.
NOTE: This role is office based in our Gateshead office.
Share this role
- Setup and maintain our IT infrastructure and practices:
- Manage and work with internal development tools.
- Remote access troubleshooting for employees.
- Security practices are maintained across the end point devices.
- Domain maintenance featuring security groups and various services.
- Windows 7, 10 & 11 administration and support
- Active Directory administration (user accounts, O365)
- Installation, configuration, upgrading, relocating, and troubleshooting PC hardware, software, and print devices.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Local Area Networks and VPN at a fundamental level
- Setup and maintain various types of hardware:
- Devkits/Test kits
- Prototype Hardware
- Mac OS/Linux devices
- Build machines.
- A CV is required
- A cover letter is required
What we can provide
- Competitive salary
- Freedom to choose where you work in the UK
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced holiday package
- Enrolment in the company pension scheme
- Self development days
- Bi-annual appraisals
- Annual pay reviews
- Career breaks
- Enhanced and generous maternity and paternity package
- Dependents emergency leave
- Access to our life insurance policy and WeCare healthcare app
- Access to our health insurance cash plan
- Investment in your physical health with weekly live and on-demand strength, cardio, yoga and meditation sessions
- Investment in your mental health with regular access to training courses and one-to-one wellness sessions and workshops
- Access to metro pass and cycle schemes
- In person and virtual events
- Free access to some of our previously released titles
- Refer a friend scheme
- Work with cutting-edge technology
We are an equal opportunities employer
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We do not pay fees to any third party agency or recruiter without a mutually agreed-upon contract and we are not responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE A DRM-FREE COPY OF CHIP
Plus, get access to exclusive news and sneak peeks of games from us and our trusted partners.