We’re looking for a
Programmers are responsible for implementing the core functionality of our games. Working very closely with designers and other departments, they bring the collective vision of the project into reality. They are often generalists expected to work across a range of areas within the code base.
The Junior Programmer will work closely with and under the supervision of one or more Senior Programmers. They will work with other Programmers in a co-coding capacity as well as coding features on their own with frequent reviews from others. They will communicate effectively with design, art and other departments to produce the high-quality games that Coatsink is known for.
Junior Programmers generally focus on smaller feature implementation but will be provided opportunities to specialise in areas they are particularly passionate about.
Share this role
As we strive to support our Junior developers on a regular basis throughout the work day, we can only accept Junior applicants on a timezone within two hours of BST.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing features throughout the project’s development.
- Communicating effectively with other developers.
- Reproducing and fixing gameplay bugs.
- Attending meetings and stand-ups punctually.
- Graduate level or equivalent educational experience.
- Knowledge of a modern Game Engine.
- Strong understanding of Mathematics.
- Understanding of the purpose of source control.
Preferred / Desirable Experience of:
- Previous experience in Unity.
- Evidence of any released work (Commercial or non-commercial).
- Evidence of any previous employment.
Required personal skills and approach:
- Ability to interact and communicate across all disciplines and with colleagues effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
A champion and exemplar of Coatsink’s key values and contributor to the company culture including –
- A passion and enthusiasm for Coatsink games.
- A straightforward and open approach to the teamwork and leadership.
- A focus on quality.
- An openness to others’ ideas and challenges around quality issues.
- An eye to the wellbeing of project team members.
- A mindful approach to diversity issues and opportunities to widen the scope of diversity within games.
- Resilience to learn from mistakes and encounter new tasks and responsibilities.
- A willingness to maintain continuous professional development
What we can provide
- Competitive salary
- Freedom to choose where you work in the UK
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced holiday package
- Enrolment in the company pension scheme
- Self development days
- Bi-annual appraisals
- Annual pay reviews
- Career breaks
- Enhanced and generous maternity and paternity package
- Dependents emergency leave
- Access to our life insurance policy and WeCare healthcare app
- Access to our health insurance cash plan
- Investment in your physical health with weekly live and on-demand strength, cardio, yoga and meditation sessions
- Investment in your mental health with regular access to training courses and one-to-one wellness sessions and workshops
- Access to metro pass and cycle schemes
- In person and virtual events
- Free access to some of our previously released titles
- Refer a friend scheme
- Work with cutting-edge technology
We are an equal opportunities employer
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We do not pay fees to any third party agency or recruiter without a mutually agreed-upon contract and we are not responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE A DRM-FREE COPY OF CHIP
Plus, get access to exclusive news and sneak peeks of games from us and our trusted partners.