We’re looking for a
Senior Sound Designer
A Senior Sound Designer at Coatsink is part of a small team responsible for assessing, planning,
designing and implementing sound effects using industry standard equipment and
software, which enhances the end product.
As a Senior Sound Designer, you will work closely with other members of the team, supporting
the overall team dynamic and output, as well as colleagues in other development
departments to ensure that the audio works optimally to create and enhance the game’s
Please note: this role is only open to those currently residing, and with Right To Work, in the UK.
Share this role
- Work with other development departments and individuals to define and plan a project’s overall direction.
- Work in many different styles to adhere to the needs of the project.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment to design and implement sound effects (i.e. DAW, FMOD, Unity).
- Communicate and apply an in-depth knowledge of fundamental audio processes.
- Create original, or edit existing, compelling sound effects by means of recording, synthesis and sample library.
- Produce assets on time and execute feedback quickly.
- Implement sound effects into middleware and prepare assets for use by other departments.
- Plan and execute recording sessions when necessary.
- Manage and maintain a well-organised sample library.
- Work on multiple projects while keeping assets organised and available should another team member need to access them.
- Manage large quantities of audio assets from external recording sessions such as voice over.
- Keep a record of documentation on features you have designed that will be used by the wider team.
- Other reasonable activities commensurate with post holders knowledge, skills and role in the organisation.
- A minimum of two years working within a sound design centric role.
- Any comprehensive DAW, sound effects recording and sound library management. Audio middleware (FMOD, Wwise etc.)
- Unity3D or similar.
- Willingness to learn new skills related to sound design and implementation and to keep up-to-date with developments in the field.
- Ability to work on a project as either the sole sound designer or as part of a team.
- Willing to embrace, promote and live the Coatsink values.
- Ability to integrate into a friendly, caring and inclusive wider team.
- An individual with passion for the industry and organisation and embracing the vibrancy and ambition to play their part to deliver fantastic, high quality games.
- A CV is required
- A cover letter is required
- A link to your design portfolio and/or project(s) demonstrating relevant skills is required.
What we can provide
- Competitive salary
- Freedom to choose where you work in the UK
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced holiday package
- Enrolment in the company pension scheme
- Self development days
- Bi-annual appraisals
- Annual pay reviews
- Career breaks
- Enhanced and generous maternity and paternity package
- Dependents emergency leave
- Access to our life insurance policy and WeCare healthcare app
- Access to our health insurance cash plan
- Investment in your physical health with weekly live and on-demand strength, cardio, yoga and meditation sessions
- Investment in your mental health with regular access to training courses and one-to-one wellness sessions and workshops
- Access to metro pass and cycle schemes
- In person and virtual events
- Free access to some of our previously released titles
- Refer a friend scheme
- Work with cutting-edge technology
We are an equal opportunities employer
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We do not pay fees to any third party agency or recruiter without a mutually agreed-upon contract and we are not responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE A DRM-FREE COPY OF CHIP
Plus, get access to exclusive news and sneak peeks of games from us and our trusted partners.