We’re a UK Based Game Dev & Publisher
So, about the name…
Our co-founders have always had wild imaginations. In their formative years they created an elaborate narrative that one of their teachers – Mr. Coates – was an invincible demi-god who secretly controlled the planet from his evil organization Coats Incorporated [Coats Inc].
It started as a joke… Now it’s a company with almost one hundred employees.
CEO & Co-Founder
A few words from our Co-Founders
Coatsink formed in 2009 and has grown into a diverse and versatile development studio and indie Publisher which is now part of the Thunderful Group. Coatsink has created and published fantastic games for all current gen consoles, PC and Virtual Reality, including the recent games Get Packed, Onward, Cake Bash, Transformers: Battlegrounds, PHOGS! and Jurassic World: Aftermath.
Originally co-founded in 2009, Coatsink incorporated in 2011 and has built its reputation on exciting and innovative titles and a wicked sense of humor.
For our growing staff, we strive to create a relaxed and collaborative studio culture, free to express new ideas and develop their professional and creative skills. And of course cover their desks in figurines, play table tennis and wander around in socks.
We’re looking forward to the future as we strengthen our foundations through indie publishing and technology, whilst continuing to meet and exceed the expectations of our trusted partners.
CDO & Co-Founder
Our Core Values
The values were developed by all of us at the company. We think they inspire and reflect us.
They guide us in everything we do; from who we hire and how we work together to create our high quality games; to how we build relationships with our partners and provide great service to our customers.
As Coatsink grows, our strategies and how we do things may change, but our distinct Coatsink community values hold firm and guide us through our challenges and changes.
If our values resonate and excite you, perhaps you could become one of the team? Take a look at our Careers page and our current vacancies.
We are transparent and honest
- We communicate clearly and openly, ensuring the right people have the right information, at the right time, so they can do a great job.
- We share our knowledge with colleagues and partnerships generously.
- We make decisions and act in the interests of the wider team.
- We are straightforward and do what we say we will do.
- We take responsibility for our actions.
- We address problems, issues and mistakes.
We are respectful, kind and inclusive.
- We support and encourage one another in our work, particularly when we are discouraged or lacking confidence.
- We are kind to one another and help each other to develop resilience.
- We acknowledge and respect that we are all different, with our own perspectives.
- We are self-aware and regularly reflect on how we affect others.
- We create opportunities to raise awareness of minority groups in our work.
We are passionate about what we do
- We are enthusiastic about our games.
- We contribute the best of our skills and knowledge every day.
- We aim to be the best at what we do.
- We have fun while we work.
We collaborate as one team
- We seek and consider advice from colleagues with specialist knowledge.
- We consider the needs of the wider team in our actions and decision making.
- We recognise and appreciate each other’s priorities.We protect each other’s wellbeing.
- We build two-way trust and camaraderie across disciplines, empowering everyone to express suggestions and concerns.
- We contribute to regular reflective/retrospective meetings and empower each other to deliver solutions to problems.
We strive to achieve the highest quality
- We set our own challenging but realistic aims.
- We manage partner expectations.
- We rigorously test everything we do.
- We encourage each other to address quality concerns.
- We are detail orientated when needed.
We are confident and ambitious
- We take the initiative.
- We face difficult situations head on.
We encourage and celebrate creativity
- We are open minded.
- We can take calculated risks.
- We are prepared to learn from our mistakes as part of our learning and creativity.
- We are curious and experimental.
- We nurture new ideas, building in time to our working lives to explore and create new concepts.
We are knowledgeable
- We take opportunities to increase our knowledge and hone our specialist skills.
- We take opportunities to understand the wider organisation.
- We know and understand our partners in detail.
- We are inquisitive & ask questions.
- We seek, reflect and learn from colleague feedback.
- We are willing to share knowledge and best practice.
- We understand our own limits and when to ask for help.
- We learn from our mistakes.
Hailing from the North East of England, where diversity and multiculturalism come as a societal challenge, Coatsink has always recruited far and wide, striving for diversity and employing talented people from across England, Europe and the wider world.
Regardless of the additional challenges Brexit and its tightening restrictions present, Coatsink still aims to employ as globally as possible; our diverse workforce is what makes our workplace and our games something truly special.
As an equal opportunities employer, our ethos has always been to employ the right person for the job, regardless of colour, race, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, sex or gender identity, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation.
Whilst our desire is to hire the candidates best for the role, we are also mindful of the inequality in access to available opportunities and strive for inclusion by providing a chance to those who otherwise may not get a foot in the door in what is a highly competitive industry.
We pride ourselves on being a diverse workforce and avail ourselves to eliminate inequality within the workplace.
SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE A DRM-FREE COPY OF CHIP
Plus, get access to exclusive news and sneak peeks of games from us and our trusted partners.